Please note that this publication is ONLY available as a PDF download; it has sold out in print format.
CLSA Proceedings 2008, 70th Annual Meeting, 506pp., ISBN 1-932208-22-4
The theme for this year’s convention was "The 1983 Code of Canon Law: Twenty-five Years Later."
Major addresses were "Twenty-five Years of the 1983 Code: Reflections
on the Past, Thoughts on the Future” by Francis G. Morrisey; "The Reception of Vatican II in Participatory Structures of the
Church: Facts and Fiction” by Bradford Hinze; and "A Bishop’s
Perspective on the 1983 Code of Canon Law” by Randolph R. Calvo.
In the Proceedings of the Canon Law Society of America
are published the texts of addresses, seminars, and reports presented
at its annual convention. The entries of each number represent a wide
variety of canonical issues. Tribunal statistics for the previous year are also included.
- "Twenty-Five Years of the 1983 Code: Reflections on the Past, Thoughts on the Future" - Reverend Francis G. Morrisey, OMI (pp. 1-27)
- "The Reception of Vatican II in Participatory Structures of the Church: Facts and Fiction" - Bradford Hinze (pp. 28-52)
- "A Bishop's Perspective on the 1983 Code of Canon Law" - Most Reverend Randolph R. Calvo (pp. 53-62)
- "Reflections on Summorum Pontificum" - Reverend John S. Baldovin, SJ (pp. 63-73)
- "Perspective on Tribunal Ministry: The 1960's to the Present" - Reverend Ronald J. Bowers, JCD (pp. 74-84)
- "Developments in Sacramental Law in the 25 Years since the Code's Promulgation" - Reverend James J. Conn, SJ (pp. 85-101)
- "To Protect by Civilly Valid Means: Reorganization and the Canonical-Civil Restructuring of Dioceses and Parishes" - Reverend John J. M. Foster, JCD (pp. 102-127)
- "Catholic Identity-Ministry-Liability-Employment: Trends and Challenges for US Diocese and Religious Institutes/Societies" - Sister Lynn Farrell, OSU, JCD and Reverend Daniel Ward, OSB, JD, JCL (pp. 128-157)
- "Navigating the Minefield of the Psychological Evaluation" - Deacon Gerald T. Jorgensen, Ph.D., JCL (pp. 177-192)
- "Defective Convalidation" - Reverend Augustine Mendoça (pp. 193-236)
- "Associations of the Faithful in the Communion of the Local Church" - Reverend Robert W. Oliver, STD (pp. 237-256)
- "Recent Developments Concerning Temporal Goods, including Complementary USCCB Norms" - Most Reverend Thomas J. Paprocki (pp. 257-284)
- "'The Newness of the Council Constitutes the Newness of the Code' (John Paul II): The Role of Vatican II in the Application of the Law" - Myriam Wijlens, Ph.D. (pp. 285-302)