CLSA Proceedings 2009, 71th Annual Meeting, 392pp., ISBN 1-932208-25-9
The theme for this year’s convention was "Preparing the Harvest: Service in the Lord's Vineyard."
Major addresses were "Baptism: A Common Call to Service" by Dr. Susan K. Wood, SCL; "Canon Law and Collaboration" by Br. Loughlan Sofield, ST; and "Challenges in Tribunal Staffing: The Perspective of an Administrator" by Very Rev. Lawrence A. DiNardo.
In the Proceedings of the Canon Law Society of America
are published the texts of addresses, seminars, and reports presented
at its annual convention. The entries of each number represent a wide
variety of canonical issues. Tribunal statistics for the previous year are also included.
- "Baptism: A Common Call to Service" - Doctor Susan K. Wood, SCL (pp. 1-11)
- "Canon Law and Collaboration" - Brother Loughlan Sofield, ST (pp. 12-24)
- "Challenges in Tribunal Staffing: The Perspective of an Administrator" - Very Reverend Lawrence A. DiNardo (pp. 25-34)
- "The Incomparable Eastern Canons on the Role of Laity" - Reverend Jobe Abbas, OFM Conv. (pp. 35-61)
- "Determining Error: Hot New Ground of Nullity of Recycled Old Ground" - Reverend John P. Beal (pp. 62-89)
- "Collaboration in the Ministry of the Church: Sponsorship in Theory and Praxis" - Reverend Warren Brown, OMI and Sister Rosemary Smith, SC (pp. 90-108)
- "Psychology and Priestly Formation: Blessings and Tensions" - Monsignor Craig Cox (pp. 109-130)
- "Promoting Justice in the Church" - Reverend James I. Donlon (pp. 131-149)
- "Canonical Issues of Remuneration of Sustenance for Priests accused of Sexual Misconduct" - Reverend Patrick R. Lagges (pp. 150-167)
- "Records Management and Canon 489" - Brother Patrick T. Shea, OFM, Christine Taylor, Mister John J. Treanor and Reverend Manuel Viera, OFM (pp. 168-189)
- "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Roman Catholic Church and the Institution of Marriage: A Juridical Comparative Study" - Reverend Langes James Silva (pp. 190-231)
- "To Protect and To Serve: The Relationship Between the Victim Assistance Coordinator and Canonical Personnel" - Miss Amy Jill Strickland (p. 232-242)
- "Canonical Supports for Collaboration in Sacramental Ministry" - Sister Therese Guerin Sullivan, SP (pp. 243-282)
- "Procedural Law: Some Suggested Revisions after Twenty-Five Years" - Reverend Ian B. Waters (pp. 283-299)